Sunday, September 9, 2007

Thanks Michael Lim, this blog was started by me as a reply to your letter.

Well it has been one hectic week since school started and I'm sure everyone back in Singapore is wondering how it is here. Well for one, uni life is indeed fun!! You get to manage your own money. (well maybe not if you decide to go to a uni where your parents are a stone's throw away) but generally this is true.
And, you have SO much free time that you will spend most of it sleeping or just doing nothing.
The part i like most however is that if you think you know the topic well enough, you have very little work to do..
Basically what I'm trying to say is that everyone will enjoy uni life..

Well lets just get to this place. I wish i had pictures, but ill try to describe it.

Unlike Singapore and other Asian countries which have a slight lack of space, US has an abundance of space. (this is obvious{at the place i stay in} as the mere sight of a tall building indicates that you are at the CBD)

I live in a state called Minnesota. In a city called Minneapolis. To those who watch the news, this place is exactly where the 35W bridge collapsed.

For those who want me to be more specific, It is about a 10-15 min walk from my room to the site of the collapsed bridge.


courtesy of google maps

To those who wanna know a bit more, look at the map, the whole grey area is my school (half of it actually as my school has 2 campuses)and the river that runs through(yes through) the school is the ever so impossible to spell Mississippi river.

Please leave tags if you want to hear about anything specific.

6:07 PM